Thursday, January 18, 2007


It's been a quiet three days in my home town...we woke up to falling snow on Tuesday morning. Soon all the schools had cancelled classes and children were outside trying to roll big balls of snow into snowmen. There were more people than usual out walking in the crunchy stuff, and I ran into four friends as I walked to the post office. I love how snow brings people out of their cars and onto the streets. We are all in a good mood, and ready to offer a cup of tea and linger in conversation. I baked some delicious cornmeal rolls, a recipe from my friend Anita, and made some outrageous lentil soup with lentils I bought at the Flock and Fiber show this fall. I knitted a hat with yarn I hand dyed (I also saw the sheep shorn, and then took the fleece to a shop for cleaning and spinning into a worsted wool...how's them apples, Martha Stewart?)
It's been lovely to be lazy and yet industrious at the same time. I'm looking forward to getting back into the classroom and being with my students again.

No comments: