Sunday, September 9, 2007

end of summer

It's been a warm day in lovely Oregon. Today was Dave's last day as music minister at a church in nearby Wilsonville. We will be able to attend church services together more often now, though he's definitely on call for church gigs around town.
Tomorrow begins the second week of school and I've worked hard this weekend preparing an 'anticipatory' lesson for the batik unit. Students will draw a word from a basket, they will jigsaw an article, or cook up an Indonesian rice dish, or assemble the items needed to create a batik. Since I'm teaching five classes of the same subject, I'll get 5 opportunities tomorrow to tweak how the lesson goes. The students are chompin' at the bit to wax their fabric, but I want them to have a better understanding first. Last year I threw them 'in the deep end' and let them play around with the wax and dye...but they all agreed that more preplanning would've made for better results.
The cool lamp I bought at IKEA keeps shutting off...I think the lightbulb is too loose in the socket. That's better, just tightened it.
I really should deep clean the house, but I want cooler weather, and help from D and D! We need to clean the living room carpet, organize the overflowing CD collection, put D's room back together and try to eliminate more clutter.

No comments: