municipal elevator in Oregon City
the historic bridge and Willamette Falls
one of the crests along the highway
same train, further north
waiting for the train
I am the luckiest person! I have the best commute to a career I love. My drive takes 12 minutes and has only four stoplights, a 6 mile stretch along the scenic Willamette River, a crossing on a beautiful, historic bridge, a tunnel, a view of a municipal elevator and Willamette Falls. I pass the bluff where John McLoughlin had a home (now moved to a different location) when he was the Chief Factor for the Hudson's Bay Company (back when Oregon Territory was basically British territory). Most days when I drive I listen to music (either KINK radio or a CD...lately the Wailing Jennys) and the miles just fly by.
I do have to drive defensively as this stretch of highway has its share of crazy accidents, lane narrowings, curves, highs and lows, steep drop offs, boulders that regularly crash onto the highway and occasional mudslides! Here are some photos I took on Friday (yesterday) as I drove in at 7:10am.
The only thing that could top this would be the guts and ability to ride my bike along this route (not recommended...way too dangerous for cyclists)
approaching the railroad tunnel
No comments:
Post a Comment