Thursday, March 15, 2012

SNOW DAY!!! Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kenzie texted me late Monday night (as she was up, and at work) that snow was falling! It wasn't much, but it blanketed the streets and grass and made the air quiet. I love the stillness that snow brings. It muffles sounds like a quilt.
looking out the kitchen window in the morning

Jocelyn called me from Germany as soon as she saw (on facebook) that I didn't have school. We talked for an hour or more (using her Magic Jack phone number, makes it a local call).

looking out the back door, I think a kitty has launched itself

I wasn't sure until 6:30am whether there would be school. My department head, Lynn, texted me a 2-hour delay schedule, meaning class would start at 10:30 and each period would be 57 min long. Two hours later I got word that school was canceled altogether.

Oh look.....snow bathing lounge chairs...and kitty tracks

lovely patio furniture

In the early afternoon most of the snow had melted. Kenzie and I drove to Barefoot Sage for leg/feet massages, with Jasper as our massage therapist. We had a lovely, relaxing time soaking our feet in ceramic pots filled with warm water, rose petals and Egyptian Sea Salts. Ahhhh......
We stopped at Trader Joe's and Jasper's house before heading home. What an unexpected respite!

1 comment:

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I love the look of everything bathed in white. I just wish I had been there with you to enjoy a leg and foot massage...that's my kind of luxury!