Saturday, March 2, 2013

between 10 and eleven weeks post op



I'm getting around the house and classroom without using the cane. I can unload the dryer and carry the warm clothes to the living room for folding. I can pivot and twist like I am used to doing. Little things like this help mark the progress.

Still don't feel the strength to go up steps with alternating feet. Tried it this week and regretted it. My hip complained about it the rest of the day.

Working on getting off the tramadol. Read up on symptoms of withdrawal online. Down to one per day, taken before bed, because insomnia is one of my symptoms. My symptoms aren't too severe, but still annoying. Last night I cut one tramadol in half with toenail clippers (ewww... I know, but sometimes ya gotta use what works) Half seemed to be ok, but I started feeling symptoms of withdrawal around 4pm, a tiredness and irritability. If I could jump in a swimming pool for a few laps, then soak in a hot tub I think that would help.


No comments: