A small painting, 2" x 2", oil on paper with goldleaf, stitching and in the manner of the surrealist idea of 'automatic writing' (really just stream of conciousness). 1998.Yesterday we went to the Silverton Art Festival and I was pleasantly surprised at the high quality of art/craft, food and music. The location was in a shady forest park in the center of town. Violin makers, bow makers, guitar makers, card weaver, calligrapher, mural painters, Indian dancers, Hawaiian food, Indian food, Thai food, glass makers, bead stringers, painters, potters, metal smiths. We listened to our friend Ted Swensen play bass for a couple of steel drum players. Dan Balmer was on guitar for this set, as well as for the Mel Brown set. Ran into friends Band A, with their three pea-in-a-pod boys. Also ran into friends T and E with their youngest daughter. The drive to and from Canby to Silverton that we take is along the backroads, very rural, and feels like one big 20 mile long backyard between the towns.A lovely outing. Now it's back to the daily routine of jobs for D and me.
2 comments:
Ugh! I'm sorry mom, I hope you can delete these crappy comments, how annoying! I've only gotten one spam comment so far, which is why I'm going to go anonymous on this one! oh but you don't allow that. shoot.
golly gee whiz...do all you guys who leave spam have some kinda automatic reply that hits people's blog sites! Give it a rest!
Post a Comment