- Life of Pi by Yann Martel; I just finished this book today, and I have to say it was a rolicking read. This book was constantly with me, I could NOT put the book down for long. I bought into the fiction of the story. It is the enjoyable and captivating story of a young Indian teenage boy, a practicing Christian, Hindu and Muslim, who survives the sinking of a Japanese cargo ship in the Pacific Ocean. His family perishes, but a Zebra, a Bengal Tiger and a hyena survive (some survive longer than others) with him in the lifeboat.
- The Helsinki Roccamatios also by Yann Martel. Three short stories in one book. Skimmed through the story about the friend dying of aids, skipped the story about the last days of death row inmantes, and enjoyed the middle story....the details of which escape me at this very moment. Sigh.
- Now I remember...the middle story was about a Vietnam Vet who composed music, and performed it in a derelict theater. At night he was a janitor for a bank.
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Awesome. Get it. Read it. Tell me how you liked it.
Saturday, August 27, 2005
Book, Movie and Music Recommends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment