Saturday, January 12, 2013

rough day



Thankyou to my dear friend MJ Steele, for posting this cartoon by Bobby Hutto to my facebook!!

Today was one of the rougher days I've had in awhile.  Why was that, you ask? Maybe I was trying to avoid taking a pain med and tough it out. I could not get warm and felt uncomfortable all day long. Never mind it was a freezing cold morning (literally...frost and ice covered everything and didn't melt till noon).

Last night was my first 'night out' with hubby. We went to the Wild Hare for some Friday night dinner and brew at the local hang. I had a delicious steak wrap with tots. Half went home for David. Getting in and out of the car is getting easier.

Today we ventured out in the afternoon to look at a few homes for sale in Canby. I fell in love with a blue farmhouse on Territorial. It had all the quirks and charm of our home, but on .61 acres looking out onto farmland. It has a septic tank and well. I was smitten at once when Dave noticed the two cords of clothesline strung up under the front porch. We could finally have a dog in a place like this one.

After a few drive-by look-sees we went to our local Thriftway for some veggies for making couscous dinner. I thanked Kendra, at customer service, for locating the fig preserves. She commiserated with my hip replacement as she had a partial knee replacement in August.  We ran into our old mail lady Eileen, and our friend Marci with her son Joe-Joe and daughter Mary. I love our local store for this reason. It's not big, like the Fred Meyer, and chances are good you will stop and have a conversation with someone you know.

Despite the above distractions I was very uncomfortable all day. Finally at 4:30pm I decided to take a Tramadol. It kicked in around 5:30pm. I made dinner and have felt more relaxed this evening, like I can unwind all my muscles and take a slow, deep breath. Whew!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Ooh the house sounds nice! :)