Thursday, March 21, 2013

weeks twelve and thirteen....getting around much better

Twelve Weeks Post Op...seems kind of silly to post an update, but here goes anyway. I am walking without a cane 99% of the time. Really, using it is more of a security blanket, or way or warning oncoming traffic that I'm in the slow lane. I still feel like an alien took up residence in my body, but we are coming to terms. Been back to work full time for three weeks. Usually am in my jammies by 5pm, utterly spent. The dishes and laundry just will have to wait. Being back with students is great medicine.

Thirteen Weeks Post Op....Lots more strength and agility. Able to alternate feet going up the steps (albeit with some herky-jerky lifting). Going down the steps is a piece of cake. Trying to do those exercises 4x daily to prevent
an irritated 'capsule' of the hip joint.  Also, working on lifting the right foot to the left knee (so as to put on a sock). Every night I get on the floor (on my back) and do some crunches, some leg scissors (without crossing the feet or ankles, just bring the legs together at the midline), some pelvic lifts, put the foot on opposite knee (or try to), some foot to hip slides and some in/out slides with the foot. Roll over and do a few modified push ups too.

Lasting longer through the day, though post-lunch fatigue typically sets in. I think I'm almost weaned from the Tramodol.

On Tuesday night Dave and the band, Rhythm of the Psalms (or Songs as they listed them) played at 8pm at The Thirsty Lion pub in Old Town PDX. Here is a shot:



Looking forward to warmer temps in California!

No comments: