
We awoke to some dark clouds in the southern sky, and glimpses of golden sun to the northeast. I scurried around the house, rolled up the rolladens (the outside window shades) and pushed the curtains open, unlatched the big windows and took photos out of nearly every window in the house!
Not sure I got alot of sleep last night, I seemed to toss and turn most of the night.
We are slowly getting ready for the day and plan to visit the town center of Kaiserslautern today, and especially the H&M store. We like that store for its current fashion and great sale prices. Not everything is to my style, but I usually find something inexpensive and unusual. I hope we can find a wurst kiosk for lunch. Can't wait for a roasted wurst sticking out of a fresh broetchen, with some tasty mustard! Might even indulge in some greasy pomme frites with curry dip.
Later....our trip to Kaiserslautern was fairly successful. We stopped in a cute boutique store on our way to H&M. I found a scarf I liked, so did Kenzie. Jocelyn tried on a few cute clothes and got a sweet checkered blouse for summer. The clerks were unusually sweet, courteous and trusting. Next stop was McDonalds, so the kids could fill up a bit and not be cranky later. Going to McDonalds in any European town is a cultural experience because we can so easily compare what we know (of our hometown Mickey D's) to what we see. I noticed that there were NO trash bins! Instead the trays of leftover paper and food were stacked insided a rolling cart that had rails. Each 'rail' held two trays. Well, the cart was not only filled with trays full of trash, the trays had multipied precariously on top of the cart, and onto the eating area bar that faced the street.
We ordered our food and luckily found a place for us all to sit together, right in the entryway where we could watch the hordes of high school students pile in, gather, then leave in droves once they determined they wouldn't get served quickly.
They looked, for the most part, like some of my own high school students with tight jeans, converse sneakers, fur trimmed hoodie jackets, dark eyeliner, highlighted hair.
Kenzie wasn't overly fond of her burger, the meat tasted different (she kind of expected that it would). I ordered a new 'snack' offered, the ciabatta sandwich, for 1,79 euro. It had plenty of lettuce, mayo and tomato, with a sort of veggie burger style piece of meat. We drank the Coca Light, and Lift (a carbonated Apple flavored coke).
H&M was next. I tried on a few items, but didn't find anything I couldn't live without. I did get something for Maiya, Layla, Kylie and Kenzie.
I noticed that the number of shoppers was increasing the later it got. People were shopping everywhere. We walked back to the car park a slightly different way (Jocie realized we'd taken the long way the first time) and paid the 6,20 euro fee. Here is a photo of the gang in the parking lot before we headed out to shop.
No comments:
Post a Comment