Today we drove 2 hours southeast to Stuttgart, where Roland is currently deployed. It was snowing when we left Schneckenhausen, but the roads quickly turned to wet spray as we got into lower elevations. Jocelyn drove admirably among the trucks from many nations: Italy, France, Bulgaria, Czech Republic.
We drove through my old hometown of Hochdorf bei Ludwigsburg on our way, getting off the freeway at Marbach (Schiller's hometown, apparently) and going through Poppenweiler before descending into Hochdorf (also known as Remsteck?) I spotted our old abode immediately and Jocelyn pulled into the driveway. I hopped out and ran around to the front of the house, snapping photos in the rain. The old Metzgerei across the street is now a pub. I walked across the bridge over the stream, up to the next street and turned right. I walked up to where I could take a photo of the church on the right. The only thing that hadn't changed in 40 years was the farmhouse where I witnessed a hog killing and sausage making.
1 comment:
oh the wonderful memories! Hope you are having a terrific time. Miss you.
Post a Comment